Many signs tell you that the car battery is at risk of failing. Many people ignore the signs, later to regret that decision when they’re stranded on the side of the road with a dead car battery. Like all of the other components underneath the hood of the car, the battery has a lifetime that it lasts and after this point, it’s time to replace. Some of the signs that suggest it’s time to replace car batteries burlingame ca include:
· Difficult Crank: Do you notice the vehicle is harder to crank than it was before? When the engine takes several turns to crank, then it may be a sign that you need a new car battery.
· Check Engine Light: The lights on the dashboard of the vehicle are there to warn you of problems. When you notice the light on the dash lights up, it’s time to find out what the problem is and get a repair before bigger problems occur.
· Swelling Battery Case: A swollen battery case is another sign that your battery has sustained problem. This occurs due to excessive heat and wears down the lifetime of your battery.
· Leak: Leaking batteries also indicate that it’s time to replace the battery. You can see leaks by taking a look underneath the car before you depart for a location.
· Low Battery Fluid: The battery fluid is important to keep a watchful eye on. When the fluid level falls under a certain amount, it’s time to check the battery.
Pay attention to your car and the battery. When the signs above are present, it’s time to take a closer look at the battery and decide if it’s time to replace the battery. It’s a better option than finding yourself stranded on the side of the highway.